Time for another round of random @#%$ I found around the internet! This was my first week back in the office after being at Bank School for 10 days. Everyone knows how that goes. The week you return is a whirlwind. You feel like you’ll never catch up. Your coworkers treat you like you’ve been gone for a month but at the same time make you feel like the team easily functioned without you. You also realize how many truly unnecessary emails are sent in a corporate environment. Oy. A rant for another time. This all limited my web surfing/reading/amount of time spent in the social media black hole, but rest assured, I’ll catch up this weekend when it will undoubtedly rain non-stop. Because, August in New Orleans. Sigh.
1. I want, want, want this! Seriously, how cute is he!? Cody isn’t a fan of technology that is too smart and could potentially invade our privacy (aka everything), but I think I might just bring him home one day and see what happens…
2. I am generally NOT a fan of sci-fi, or any kind of “period drama”. You know, anything not set in close to modern time. I don’t know why. I guess I just find it harder to relate. And I like to relate to my TV shows. So sue me. However, this year I’ve broken that rule many times over with my new found love of Game of Thrones and Stranger Things. The Season 2 trailer for Stranger Things was just released, and it looks a-mazinggg. Counting down to Halloween 2017!
3. Just in case you were dying for a pair of Snapchat Spectacles and weren’t crazy enough to wait in line for 5 hours (like my cousin did for me…love you, Alex!), you can now find them on Amazon. I was excited when I first got my hands on these, but even though I still love Snapchat, over time I find myself using my Spectacles less and less.
4. This is not tech related WHATSOEVER, but since my second biggest passion in life is sugar, I have to share this recipe. Literally the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made. I’ve tweaked the recipe just slightly (cut baking powder to 1 tsp, use 3 cups flour, and dump an entire bag of chips into the dough) so if you like chewy cookies, I think it’s pretty close to perfection. I realize that recommending a chocolate chip cookie recipe is akin to trying to buy someone a wallet, or perfume, or some other incredibly personal item. People are so particular about what type of cookie they like and everyone has “their” recipe. But what the heck, what’s one more. Plus, I know you’ll love them!
5. My parents are FINALLY getting a puppy (RIP Max and Zoe, my childhood dogs), and she is going to be the biggest DIVA this world has ever seen. My Mom is itching for a grandchild, and I think this is her way of biding her time until that day comes. Lulu Phelps (total diva name), the Petite Goldendoodle, will be the beneficiary of her desperation (see photo below). I am clearly not helping the situation with my latest purchase: a Casper dog bed. What a life this gal is going to have!
*When I went to the Casper site a pop-up appeared with a link to take a “sleep survey” in exchange for a $20 gift card. This helped me (somewhat) justify my purchase. Definitely check to see if they’re still offering it!
Cheers to the weekend!